Archive for August, 2011
Monday, August 22nd, 2011
In any trade show, you will come across several types of booths and exhibits. These trade show displays present the advertising message attractively to lure customers to the booth, where they can take a closer look at the product or service being marketed. So companies leave no stone unturned to make sure their trade booths are better than their competitors’. For this purpose, they use various components to add appeal and make their trade show booth stand out. Here are few types of displays generally used.
- Table top displays are very common and usually consist of a small metallic collapsible table along with small graphic panels which can be attached via fasteners.
- Throw cover displays, also called table top displays, allow the exhibitors to use any table in their booth as a branding tool, by using customized table covers instead of the plain ones.
- Pop-up displays are also very popular, and usually comprise of graphic panels attached to rollers having springs, which keep these panels in position. These are very lightweight and easy to use.
- Banner displays are another lightweight option. They come in different models, like the two-sided or three-sided model. Exhibitors often use lights to enhance the appeal of a banner display.
- Modular displays are rather large compared to other displays. The different components of the display are attached together like you would attach together Lego pieces. They can be easily redesigned to make new layouts.
There are other varieties as well, but these are the most popular ones. Exhibitors have many options available to them when it comes to setting up trade show displays, which they can use to best effect.
Wednesday, August 17th, 2011
When it comes to trade shows, where there is a fierce competition among exhibitors to attract visitors to their booth, what you use for your trade booth is a matter of great importance. Fabric displays are great answers for those who do not know what to use to make their trade booth attract a larger crowd. They are relatively new compared to some other options like pop-up displays. New developments in fabric and printing technologies allow a lot of room for creativity in the displays. Here are some of the reasons why you should use a fabric display.
- Till quite recently it was very difficult to get good graphics on fabrics, but recent technological developments have made it possible to represent high quality graphical details on fabric. The translucent nature of the fabric makes the graphic even more appealing.
- You can use these fabric displays either as a big background for your booth or even as a small banner.
- Fabrics are very versatile and can take almost any shape in contrast to other options like pop-up booths, which are mostly in the concave shape.
- The fabric panels are very light weight, almost half the weight of photo panels, and they do not have any seem lines which look out of place.
- The frames for these displays are made of aluminum, making them very light, and are also collapsible. This makes them highly portable and great for transporting to other places.
Fabric exhibits look quite stunning if are used properly. Also the fact that they are so portable adds to their feature list. They might be a bit more expensive then some other options but add an entirely new dimension to your display.
Wednesday, August 10th, 2011
Trade shows have become very important in the cut throat business environment prevalent in today’s world. These trade shows form a crucial part of a company’s marketing mix. They offer the company an opportunity to interact more personally with its target audience.
As far as trade show displays are concerned, the options are many and varied. The display type and graphics used vary in accordance with the company’s marketing approach and the purpose they serve. The ultimate objective is to instantly grab the attention of trade show visitors. Some of the common displays you can spot in a trade show will have:
- Graphics printed on various materials including fabric and plastic.
- Generally, you will find that these displays make use of bold graphics and statements so as to attract more visitors.
- Some innovative displays can have a lot of things included to increase their appeal like plasma screens, touch screens or LEDs.
Based upon the components used, displays can be sorted into different categories. Table top displays make use of only a simple table. Table cover displays utilize the table cover for advertising. Pop-up displays make use of a graphic panel attached to a spring mechanism. Banner displays are a much smaller form with one banner displayed on a single large panel. Modular displays use a much larger space but can be fitted together like Lego toys and are very light. Then there are custom displays based completely on the need of the exhibitor. Trade show displays when used correctly can be highly advantageous for the company.
Monday, August 8th, 2011
Pop-up displays (sometimes called portable display or pull-up display) have been around for more than 30 years now. They are the first option most companies consider when readying for a trade show, or setting up a marketing campaign. Their wide-spread use can be attributed to the fact that no special technical skills are required to set them up and they are reasonably priced as well.
A normal pop-up display uses basically two things. One is a roller with a spring, the other is the graphic panel which attached and loaded on to the spring. The frame, often called a folding frame, is usually made of aluminum tubes or fiber-glass. For transporting, the frame can be easily folded down. It weighs around 15 lbs and sometimes, the spring loaded roller is also not required to keep the frame erect.
Panels covering the frame are made up of material which accepts Velcro. The panels are quite flexible and can be rolled up for transportation purposes. To put them on frames, usually magnetic strips are used, and 4 to 8 of these panels are required to cover the frame.
Pop-up displays serve as a backdrop and also promote your brand. Make sure a person gets all the vital information they want to know through your pop-up display. Place the message you want to be conveyed in such a way that it is visible from far, and is not obstructed by people standing in front.
Today, there are various types of pop-up exhibits available, like photo mural pop-ups or 3-D pop-ups. You should use them as per your requirement and needs to get the best out of your exhibit.
Friday, August 5th, 2011
Fabric displays have become popular options at trade shows, and for good reason. They offer more flexibility in creating appealing graphics in comparison to panel and pop-up displays. They are easy to set up, transport, and maintain.
But exhibitors often do not make use of the full potential hidden beneath these fabric exhibits. Here are a few things you should keep in mind to get the most out of your fabric display.
- The most basic rule is to make sure your company name and logo is clearly visible even from a distance. A snazzy fabric design won’t help if people don’t know the name of your company.
- The message you are trying to convey should also be there on the display. Decide the advertising text or graphics the display will use in advance. Also choose the type of fabric that will best showcase the text/graphics.
- Photographic images look great with the translucent look of the fabric. Decide the printing process required to make the graphics stand out.
It makes a lasting impression on someone who visits your booth if you give them a brochure or a take away sample of your product. Also, it is always a good idea to use light or music to enhance the appeal of your trade booth.
Fabric displays can really have a great impact on your performance as a company in the show. Make sure you follow the basics and don’t spoil the impact of a good fabric display by going wrong in other areas.
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2011
When you plan to participate in a trade show, you know that your booth and displays are going to make all the difference. Custom displays can help you make an impact on the trade show floor. There are many companies which provide you with customized displays. But you might end up getting confused deciding which one would be the best display for your trade booth. So here are a few things you should keep in mind, which will help you selecting the best possible display.
- The display should have a lasting impression. On an average, you get about three seconds to make this impression at a person passing buy your trade booth. Your display should tell how good you are within a span of 3 seconds.
- The display should be durable. You might have to visit a lot of trade shows over a period of time. Your display should be strong enough to last a decent period of time.
- The display should be easy to setup and transport. If not, then it will add to your transportation and labor expenses.
- It helps, if your display can be broken down into smaller parts, to be used individually.
- When buying a display, make sure that the vendor provides service even to help you setup the display.
There are many companies now who specialize in making custom displays. You can take their services to build something exactly meeting your demands. Make sure that you keep in mind these important points and you will have no difficulty in getting a display which makes you stand out in your trade show.